What is nappy rash?
A common problem for babies between 0 and 24 months old is nappy rash – which if left untreated, can develop into a more serious skin problem. The characteristics of nappy rash include skin which appears red, chapped and sometimes spotty.
How to treat nappy rash:
- Careful cleansing is imperative and fragranced bubble baths should be avoided. Botani’s Olive Soothing Cream Cleanser or Olive Cleansing Bar purify and soothe affected areas without further irritation.
- Dry the area using a soft cloth or cotton wool.
- Apply Phytoseptic Anti-Fungal Skin Cream after each nappy change.
- Phytoseptic assists in the treatment by acting to prevent bacterial and fungal infections from harming babies’ skin.
- Phytoseptic also possesses absorbent properties which help to keep the area dry.
- Olivéne Repair Balm will help protect the area from further irritation, by forming a protective layer.
- It is advised that wet or soiled nappies are changed regularly and the nappy area is exposed to air several times a day.
It is recommended that correct diagnosis is made by your medical or health practitioner. If symptoms persist, please consult your practitioner.