What is thrush?
Candida infections are often associated with the use of antibiotics, gastric upsets, premenstrual tension, fatigue or dehydration. Treatment should be accompanied by avoiding particular foods e.g. beer, nuts, biscuits, canned fruit and refined carbohydrates. Additional nutrients should include vitamin B12, vitamin B6 and folate, brussel sprouts and asparagus.
- Itching and soreness around the vaginal area
- Swelling of the vagina and vulva
- A yeasty discharge (with or without an usual smell) from vaginal area
How to treat vaginal thrush
- Avoid cleansing the area with soap and only use a gentle body cleanser to clean your body (not directly on vagina). Use either Eco-Clear Body Bar, Olive Cleansing Bar or PhytoBody Wash. Dry the area well.
- Apply Phytoseptic Anti-Fungal Skin Cream to the external area of the vagina twice a day.
- Consider an internal probiotic
See your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist.