We love the Mediterranean diet, do you? Recently I have been taking you on an olive journey and our olive journey continues with this diet. We are about holistic skin care after all. Starting with all the different olive products and how they are used. Last week I looked at olive squalene and how it’s made and why it’s one of the best things you can use on your skin! This week I’m talking about the diet that is continually voted as the healthiest diet to follow and one which olive oil features prominently in. It’s the Mediterranean diet of course.
Why The Mediterranean Diet
Number one reason why we love this diet is that it’s so yummy! The second is because of all the health benefits.
Low In Processed Food And Sugar
It doesn’t contain fructose, corn syrup, preservatives and flavour enhancers.
In a healthy way. It’s a diet that is easy to sustain, and it helps to manage weight due to the variety of nutrient-rich foods.
Improves Heart Health
Research has revealed that following a Mediterranean diet which contains plenty of good fats, is associated with a significant reduction in heart disease.
This diet is low in sugar with plenty of fresh produce.
Protects Cognitive Health
A diet that contains healthy fats may help perverse your memory. It has a balanced ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 essential fatty acids, high in fibre, antioxidants and polyphenols found in fruit, vegetables and wine, I knew there was a reason I liked this diet.
A diet high in fresh plant foods and healthy fats are a winning combination for contributing towards enhancing a long healthy life.
This week’s giveaway is our Nourishing Body Oil and Healing Lip Balm (valued at $35.90).
How To Enter
- You must be signed up to our newsletter (if you are not already you can signup here).
- Follow us on Instagram (if you are not already you can follow us here at @botaniskincare).
- And leave a comment below this post telling us what your favourite Mediterranean dish is?
- You can enter only once.
- Open to Australian residents only.
- Winner will be drawn at random and contacted via email (provided when you subscribe).
- Competition closes Wednesday, March 30, 2016, 5 pm (EST).
- Winner announced Thursday, March 31, 2016.
This competition is now closed. Congratulations Cleo!