Innovating with the Best of Nature and Science
Our innovative cream bases allow the skin to breathe with skin-biocompatible emollients and plant-based emulsifiers.
We then add nutrient-rich beauty foods, antioxidants, and botanical extracts that actively hydrate, protect and soothe the skin, minus toxic chemicals and synthetics.
We use modern science to test product performance and safety for your peace of mind.
Our Natural Skin Expert
A qualified Naturopath and Herbalist, Barbara is passionate about helping people live healthy, toxin-free lives. Having treated numerous clients’ skin conditions over the years, she takes a holistic approach to both skin and overall health. She believes in simplicity, natural beauty, and the power of good-quality, pure ingredients (when it comes to both food and beauty!). Barbara is fascinated by skincare ‘bases’ - and believes it is integral to create skincare bases that allow the skin to breathe.
Botáni’s ongoing collaboration with Derio Comar, leading microbiologist and industrial chemist, guarantees product integrity that customers can rely on Derio, founder of Microtech Laboratories Pty Ltd (Silliker Microtech Pty Ltd), has made a significant contribution to Botáni quality control and Research & Development procedures.
With over 40 years of experience, Derio Comar’s work has focused on consumer products ranging from foods to cosmetics, medicines and medical devices.
“Quality in products is not something you can take for granted, it must be designed into the product and requires real commitment and a focused Research and Development policy,” Derio states. “Botáni has always shown a commitment to product innovation and to ensuring product quality by undertaking a range of laboratory tests as part of their product development program. Proving effectiveness requires the application of good science.”
- To optimise each product’s performance, our team ensures:
- The correct blend of ingredients is used to treat the specific skin condition/skin type
- That each formula contains the right blend/proportion/ratio of antioxidants; active/cell-communicating
ingredients; nourishing oils and anti-irritants.
- The ingredients work well with each other; synergistically
- The ingredients are present in the ideal quantities/concentration levels
- The formula is in the correct environment (pH) for optimum effectiveness
- That only the best ingredients are used for the ultimate benefit of your skin health, inconsiderate of high raw
material costs or difficulty in sourcing
Establishes the use-by-date of the product.
Ensures product integrity and safety for consumers.
Ensures the maintenance of quality for the designated life of the product.
Microbiological Efficacy Testing
These microbiological tests determine the quantity of organisms killed in a given time and allows for the comparison of products in order to determine the most effective product or formulation (efficacy).
- Determines antimicrobial performance
- Spectrum of activity (range of organisms killed)
- Kinetics of activity (time or speed of kill)
- Bacteriostatic / Bactericidal activity (inhibit or kill microorganisms)
- Quality and Purity Testing of raw materials
Raw materials must comply with the strictest quality standards.
Quality must be built into the product using the best available ingredients.
Preservative Efficacy Testing
Determines the suitability of the preservative for the formulation.
Ensures the preservative is active and maintains performance for the life of the product.
Protects the product from spoilage and contamination from bacteria and moulds.
Quality Control Testing
All production batches are tested to ensure that they meet the stringent product specifications and quality.
Botáni products are manufactured to comply with the standards of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
All Botani skin care products are formulated using pure, premium botanical extracts, aromatic essences and healing oils. Pure plant humectants, emollients, natural preservatives and emulsifiers form the bases of each formulation guaranteeing safety consistently.