Those who suffer from rosacea know how painful it can be. Rosacea can be detrimental to your self-confidence, but it can also cause physical pain and irritation. So many people, both men and women of all ages, suffer from rosacea, and there are ways to treat, soothe and manage the effects of this chronic skin disorder. Here are our tips on how to heal and soothe rosacea.
What Is Rosacea
Before we can adequately manage rosacea, we need to understand what it is. Rosacea is an acne-like skin condition characterised by severe redness, tiny red pimples and a sore, itchy sensation. The exact cause of rosacea is unknown. However, triggers can include sun exposure, excessive alcohol intake, menopause, emotional stress and even genetics. While the reason is unknown and the condition is incurable, there are steps you can take to manage and treat rosacea naturally.
For an in-depth, expert look at rosacea and its causes, visit our Expert Advice page. ￼
Rosacea On Your Face
If you suffer from blushing that lasts significantly longer than it does for most, this could be the first sign of facial rosacea. On the face, rosacea will most commonly take on a “butterfly” shape by appearing on the nose, cheeks, chin, forehead and eyes- the centre third of the face. Persistent facial redness, itching, burning and overly sensitive skin, flaking, and red acne breakouts all come hand in hand with rosacea, so if you find yourself suffering from these symptoms, it is essential to seek a professional diagnosis.
Rosacea On Your Body
While rosacea is more common on the face, it’s also possible to suffer from rosacea on the body. If you experience this redness, itching, burning, acne and sensitivities on the neck, chest, scalp, ears and back, you could be suffering from rosacea on the body.
Once you have been professionally diagnosed with rosacea, you can take some surprisingly simple steps to soothe and treat rosacea.
Caring For Your Skin With Rosacea
If you are suffering from rosacea, it’s essential to begin a rosacea-specific skin care regimen. Avoid alcohol, witch hazel, fragrance, menthol, peppermint and eucalyptus oil, as studies conducted by the National Rosacea Society deemed these ingredients to be particularly harsh rosacea triggers.
Opt for allergy-tested, artificial fragrance-free products when creating your rosacea treatment routine, and always do a patch test before applying the product to your entire face or body to ensure it doesn’t trigger a flare-up.
Rosacea Care Routine For Your Face
- Clean the skin using our Olive Soothing Cleanser. This cleanser naturally formulated with sensitive skin types in mind, and it’s packed with soothing olive oil to provide relief to irritated skin, rather than stripping it raw. When drying the skin after cleansing, it’s important to blot the skin dry with a clean towel rather than rubbing as an abrasive action can further irritate sensitivities.
- After cleansing, apply a soothing, rosacea-safe serum to treat your condition. For the day, opt for the Acai Berry Active Antioxidant Serum to protect your delicate skin from environmental damage, and in the evening choose the Olive Skin Serum to restore moisture to irritated skin while balancing the skin’s oil production.
- Follow up your targeted treatment with a natural moisturiser, like the Olive Repair Cream. People who suffer from rosacea sometimes have a defective moisture barrier, so regularly moisturising the skin is vital to rebuild that barrier and protect the skin from future irritants.
- If you are suffering from any distinct pimples or acne, apply the Acne Rescue Cream. Where most mainstream spot treatments work by drawing all moisture from a blemish, this treatment uses natural ingredients to kill acne-causing bacteria without irritating the skin. This particular cream works to calm rosacea as well as treating pimples and blemishes naturally.
- Complete your routine by misting the skin with our Soothing Facial Mist. It will deliver an additional layer of hydration and can also be kept on hand to add moisture to the skin and soothe irritations and flare-ups if they happen to occur throughout the day.
- If you feel your skin requires additional hydration, apply our Radiant Rose Mask once or twice weekly as a treatment. This mask delivers intense hydration to the skin in as little as 10 to 15 minutes.
Rosacea Care Routine For Your Body
If you are suffering from rosacea on the body, simplify and streamline your routine to avoid further irritation.
- Wash your body thoroughly, without stripping the skin of its natural oils, using the PhytoBody Wash. The formula is pH balanced, so it won’t disrupt the natural function of the skin, which means it works to regulate oil production and cleanse the skin without flaring up irritations.
- Deliver relief to itchy, stinging skin using the Olive Hand and Body Cream. This multipurpose lotion works as a treatment for chronic skin conditions, including rosacea, working to restore moisture to the skin and soothe painful flare-ups thanks to the inclusion of hydrating, anti-inflammatory olive oil.
Shop Our Recommended Products
Acai Berry Active Antioxidant Serum$44.95
or 4 fortnightly payments of $11.24 with More infoAdd to cart
Olive Hand & Body Cream$24.95
or 4 fortnightly payments of $6.24 with More infoAdd to cart
Olive Soothing Cream Cleanser$29.95
or 4 fortnightly payments of $7.49 with More infoRead more
Radiant Rose Mask$39.95
or 4 fortnightly payments of $9.99 with More infoAdd to cart